Set-up in Lightyear
Once you have completed the steps above you now need to export a list of your suppliers from OrderMate to then upload to Lightyear. This is a mandatory step because it makes your import routine easier, OrderMate will match the supplier name.
In Lightyear, navigate to Settings > Inventory Settings > Supplier Cards > Edit
On the top right, click the 'Upload CSV File' button.
Locate the CSV file you exported from OrderMate, select this and click 'Open' in the dialog box.
Lightyear will ask you 'Does the uploaded file contain a header row?' If your CSV file has a header (normally containing a label) in row 1 then click Yes. If the CSV file does not, then click No.
Your OrderMate suppliers should now be loaded into Lightyear, now to associate your Lightyear Supplier, with your Inventory (OrderMate) Supplier, similar to how you matched your Accountancy Supplier...
This needs to be a 1-column csv file with your Supplier Names listed in Column A.
Click on Supplier Cards > Setup
Click on Browse, find the .csv file you saved with the list of Supplier Names and follow the prompts. After import you should then have a list showing Supplier Names.
Associate your OrderMate Suppliers with your Lightyear Suppliers
On the left hand ribbon, click Suppliers:
Select the supplier you would like to associate with Inventory and click the edit icon on the far right.
Assign an ‘Inventory Supplier’ from the relevant dropdown list (this dropdown displays the list you uploaded from OrderMate).
You are now ready to export purchases to OrderMate via the Inventory Tab. Yay!
Set-up in OrderMate/Officemate
First, you will need to log into OfficeMate as an administrator user. You should then navigate to Setup > Configuration, Invoice Integration.
Clink “New” to add a new invoice integration.
Select “Lightyear” as the invoice type.
You will now be asked to configure some different options for the integration. These are simply defaults:
- When using Lightyear, the Customer Number and Supplier are set by the invoice that is imported.
- The Default Stock Area should be set to your main stock area that you bring invoiced into.
- The Default File Path should be set to whatever location you commonly store your invoice files in.
To import invoice files from Lightyear, in Ordermate you should navigate to the Daily Tasks > Invoices screen
Click Import Invoice from the toolbar.
You will then be prompted to select the file you wish to import. You should browse to the appropriate csv file saved from Lightyear.
- OrderMate will now begin to scan through the import file and attempt to match stock items based on the supplier name and product codes.
- Suppliers that have matching names will be matched automatically. If the name of the supplier in OrderMate varies from Lightyear, you will be prompted to select the supplier it refers to, or alternatively to add a new supplier in OrderMate.
If the stock item can't be matched to an existing one based on product codes, you will be prompted to match each product, or alternatively add a new one.
Once all products are matched, you will be presented with a preview of invoices to be imported. Here, you may edit invoices and check over them.
Click the Plus icon to import the selected invoices.